St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church of East Liverpool, Ohio, was formally organized on May 17, 1863 with 36 members. In 1895, the original structure was torn down and the one pictured to the right was erected at a cost of $9,800, and designed by architect Adolph Fritz.
In 1903 a bell was donated by Sophia Wucherer and a $2,000 pipe organ was installed in 1906.
Some of the pastors throughout the years include: J. G. Reinartz, F. Eppling Reinartz, John F. Kindsvatter, Paul F. Obenauf, Wilbert T. Wilson, Charles W. Kampmeyer, William H. Keil, William E. Maloney, and John H. Schneidmiller.
The church was located at Third and Jackson streets and would eventually be torn down in the 1970s to make way for new roads.
St. John's Golden Jubilee Program, 1946
St. John's 90th Anniversary, 1863-1953
St. John's 100th Anniversary, 1863-1963