Chester High School was dedicated on January 4, 1926. It was used as a high school until the opening of Oak Glen in 1964. To the right is an undated
postcard showing Chester High School.
CHS then became Chester Jr. High until the opening of Oak Glen Middle School. Today it is the City of Chester Municipal Building. It houses the Police Department, the Mayor's Office, Water & Sewer Department, Council Chambers, City Court, and the City Clerk's Office.
The hallway on the main floor serves as a museum with displays of locally made pottery, Chester High memorabilia, portraits of Chester High graduates, and other
items of historical interest.
In Suite 312 is Schoolhouse Collectibles which features glassware, pottery, kitchen items, furniture and much more for sale