ABOUT LAUREL HOLLOW PARK
MAIN PAGE
___VISIT US ON FACEBOOK___

Carnegie Public Library
Andrew Carnegie donated $50,000 to build the library in East Liverpool, Ohio. It was built on the Bradshaw property at the corner of Fourth Street and Broadway.

According to the 1975 Pottery Festival handbook:

The fire-proof, two-story structure, of Roman mottled buff-brown brick, trimmed with white tile was greatly admired. Milligan Hardware furnished the plumbing and electrical work, the tile, marble, and iron, the lobby of ceramic mosaic tiling, the wainscoating of Italian marble, and the solid bronze hardware. The tables, chairs, and bookracks were supplied by Lewis Brothers.
In the 1980s, the second floor was closed off, but today it is in use with computers for public use. At one time, it housed a large pottery collection including a display of Knowles, Taylor & Knowles' Lotus Ware. The collection was moved to the Museum of Ceramics when it opened in 1980.

Renovations were made in the 1900s and exterior repair work was done in 2013.

Visit the library's official website here: Carnegie Public Library.



Unused Postcard

Postmarked 1913.


Postmarked 1944. The statue shown in
front is now at Riverview Cemetery.

Library with the East Liverpool High School Alumni
Association Clock Tower and the Museum of Ceramics.


Class photos from 1921 taken in front of the library


The 1916 ELO football team posing in front of the library


April 2012 renovations.


© 2009-2017