The Edwin M. Knowles China Company first produced Utility Ware in 1938. It was a streamline modern kitchen ware shape with decorative rings.
Utility Ware was made with popular decals at the time such as Sequoia, Fruit, Tia Juana, and a whole range of floral treatments.
It was also offered in solid colors and plain with colored trim as the only decoration.
The image to the right comes from a Knowles brochure from the late 1930s. The four items marked with an asterisk (*) were sold with and without lids.
- Casserole Tray, 10"
- Covered Casserole, 8 1/2"
- Covered Casserole, 7 1/2"
- Waffle Tray, 11"
- Batter Jug*, 2 1/2 pints
- Syrup Jug*, 1 pint
- Range Set - Cov'd bowl, 4" and shakers
- Refrigerator Jug*, 3 pints
- Pie Plate, 9 1/2"
- Cake Server
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Fork
- Salad Spoon
- Triple Service Casserole, 8 1/2"
- Shirred Egg
- Covered Refrigerator Bowl, 4"
- Covered Refrigerator Bowl, 5"
- Covered Refrigerator Bowl, 6"
- Mixing Bowl, 6"
- Mixing Bowl, 8"
- Mixing Bowl, 10"
- Cookie Jar, 1 gallon
- Covered Butter (not shown)
- Beverge Pitcher* (not shown)
- Custard cups, 3 1/2" (not shown)