ABOUT LAUREL HOLLOW PARK
MAIN PAGE
___VISIT US ON FACEBOOK___

Memorial Field
Memorial Field was built beside Wells High as a memorial for Newell service men who died in WWI and WWII. Ground was broken in the late 1940s and Wells High played their first season there in 1950. Previously, they played at Globe Brick Field. It has been home to the Wells High School Big Green, Vikings, Wells Jr. High School Mountaineers, and the Oak Glen Golden Bears.

To read about the dedication ceremony, check out this page from a 1951 Wells High Rhododendron yearbook.



Memoiral Field Gates, photo dated 1950.
The gates from the late 1950s
Name plaque

Oak Glen's last game at Memorial Field was on October 14, 2011. In 2012, they began playing at a new multi-use stadium at Oak Glen.

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

© 2009-2017