Built in 1826 by farmer Jacob Nessly, the chapel stared out as a nondenominational church used by the Nessly family. The church was later signed over to one of the hired hands, Jesse Sisson. It was then changed from the Old Stone Church to a Methodist Protestant church. Located on Route 2 between Newell and New Cumberland, it is known today as the Nessly Chapel United Methodist Church.
Jacob Nessly (1752-1832) and his wife Elizabeth (1757-1829) are both buried at the Nessly Cemetery
Photos below were taken August 2013.