Lee College (or Church of God College) plates were made at Homer Laughlin using 10" blanks from the Republic shape.
A company memo dated December 10, 1949 notes the plates were ordered by Rev. H. L Chesser, general overseer of the college. The order was for 4,166 ⅔ dozen plates (the same as 5,000 pieces).
Each plate was decorated with five decals, one center and four side sprays showing views of the college. The edge was trimmed in gold and a special over-the-glaze gold backstamp was created: Views of Church of Gold College, Cleveland, Tennessee. The official treatment number given to this special order was R-4534.
The college supplied the decals (which were made by Commercial Decal). The factory had to report stocks on hand every three months.